What is “Day 1 of 31DBBB”?
The Problogger “31 Days to Build a Better Blog” challenge!
Over the course of the next 31 days I will be participating in this challenge in an effort to make DFA a better place for you to visit. The concept is simple…to have a group of bloggers set aside a month of their time to work at improving their blogs. I have chosen to be one of those bloggers, am using Debt Free Adventure as my guinea pig, and urge you to do the same if you have a blog.
How it Works
Every day for 31 straight days, we will receive a post that will contain:
- A daily task/homework assignment
- A brief lesson on the topic to help implement the task
My goals for DFA in this challenge are:
- To offer readers the most comprehensive & enjoyable experience possible
- To make the site a useful & living resource that motivates & aids everyone toward biblical debt free living
Enough about the challenge, let’s get to the implementation!
Task For Today – Write an Elevator Pitch for Your Blog
What is an Elevator Pitch?
“An elevator pitch is an overview of an idea for a product, service, or project. The name reflects the fact that an elevator pitch can be delivered in the time span of an elevator ride (for example, thirty seconds and 100-150 words).” – Wikipedia
How to Write an Elevator Pitch for Your Blog
I’m sure there has been much written on the topic online but here’s some starting points that I use when doing this type of thing.
- Solve a Problem or Need
- Define Your Audience
- Keep it Short
- Stand Out
- Be Intriguing
- Be Energetic but not Hyped
- Consider Using a Question
- Be Ready to Expand Upon Your Pitch
What is My Elevator Pitch for Debt Free Adventure?
I actually have several. Although currently DFA is primarily a site about my individual adventure to become debt free, I have a vision for it to become a place where everyone can create their own Debt Free Adventure. On that wise, my pitches and descriptions are geared toward the ministry of helping myself and others. I imagine the vision will grow & evolve over time.
Here are the pitches that currently describe my goals for the DebtFreeAdventure.com:
- Do you feel like a slave to debt? DFA is dedicated to passionately helping others break the bondage of debt using biblical principles.
Short Elevator Pitch
- A Bible Based – Bondage Breaking – Debt Free Adventure
- @MattJabs – Dedicated to Passionately Helping Others Break the Bondage of Debt Biblically – http://DebtFreeAdventure.com
What do you think of the pitches? Let us know in your comments…
Check out & join Problogger’s 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Series
Betterment is one of my two favorite ways to earn interest on my savings! They have an awesome program for the Average Joe to save and invest simply and effectively. There are no minimum balance requirements and no transaction fees. Read my Betterment Review or open an account to get started earning now.