Hi All – I NEED YOUR HELP!
You may have already noticed… Debt Free Adventure looks different!
What do you think? Please take a good look around and leave a comment with some honest feedback.
Whether positive or negative, please shed some light on the changes. Every comment helps.
Why did I change the look?
If you are a fellow blogger than simply hearing the words “Thesis Theme” out to clear it up for you. If you do not have a blog of your own, or have never heard of the Thesis Theme, I will break down some of the reasons for the switch now.
- Changing themes changes the look – It stands to reason that using a new theme will render your site appearance at least slightly altered. That said, I didn’t switch to Thesis for the look, I switched for the added functionality.
- Easily upgradeable – This blog runs on WordPress.org software. That software is frequently upgraded. When the upgrades occur we run the risk of our site theme becoming incompatible. When this happens site developers will typically release a new updated version of your theme. The problem is, when that happens, you are likely to have already made custom changes – and that complicates matters. Thesis allows for custom changes yet seamless upgrades. Long story short… it makes my life easier. Period.
- More Functionality – Thesis is much more powerful than most other themes on the market today. In reality, I have been wanting to switch for a long time but kept putting it off because I knew the initial switch would be tedious and time consuming. Well, the time for change is now. As expected, the transition was slightly painful, but I can honestly say – now that the bulk of the work is done – I am very excited for the change.
- Better Navigation – I am in the process of making DFA easier to navigate while also focusing on adding value for the reader. This was difficult to do with the limitations of my old theme. Things are already shaping up in this department and it’s only going to get better.
- More Simplicity – Not only am I looking to add value, but I’m also looking to simplify the site as a whole. I know that in the the past the theme has been pretty “busy.” I’m looking to change that.
That’s it for now
I suppose I could go on and on about why I switched, but I think you get the picture. I would have LOVED to attach a video to this post, but my new Flip UltraHD video camera has not arrived in the mail yet! Blasted snail mail!
With that said I will leave you with 2 things.
- Be on the lookout for a few soon to come video posts. I plan on doing video to help connect, and to increase my ability to get certain points across.
- I do need your help! Please look around and leave me your honest feedback in the comments.
Betterment is offering a $25 bonus for all new accounts! They've created an awesome way for the Average Joe to save and invest simply and effectively. There are no minimum balance requirements and no transaction fees. Read my Betterment Review or open an account to claim your $25 bonus now.