Many American’s feel their governments (possibly local and state, but particularly federal) are traveling distasteful paths of partisan corruption. According to a recent Gallup poll, over the past 10 years American satisfaction with their elected officials has been on a downward spiral. There are a few short lived spikes in approval adjacent historic events, but those spikes level out quickly after emotions settle. Despite their many differences, American’s seem united under a weariness of partisan politics and hunger for truth politics.
The recent government bailouts of many superpowers of the banking, insurance, and other industries drive the dissatisfaction causing many citizens to question the soundness of both government and corporate leadership. What sticks in the craw of most is the immense corruption rotting away the powerful political and economic fabric of our great nation.
The good news is that the sun still shines, the plants still grow, families still love, and God is still in control. As American’s we can still take family vacations. We can still marry, parent, pray, hope, and love. We can still worship the God of our choice. We can still speak our minds, vote our beliefs, and pursue our dreams.
Have you been focusing too heavily on the ills of society while the joy of life and freedom pass you by? Remember to be thankful today. Thankful for your family, your friends, and your freedom. Celebrate the joys you do have and set aside the worry and frustration of what you do not. And as always, pursue debt freedom… but never forget to smell the roses along the way.
Thank you for reading… please enjoy this weeks link rally.
Link rally for this week
- Dave Ozment delivers Views of Money – Part 1
- Todd Crawford delivers
- PT delivers Cheap Car Insurance: Women Have the Advantage
- Tom @ Canadian Finance Blog delivers A Simple Recipe
- Frugal Dad delivers Should I Use Savings to Pay Off Credit Card Debt?
- Paul @ FiscalGeek delivers PocketSmith Personal Finance Software Review
- Mike delivers Rules for converting an RRSP to RRIF
- Elle delivers Easy Way to Add Up Expenses in Your Spreadsheets
- Junior Boomer delivers What Are Your Options With Your 401k if You Lose Your Job?
- Jeff Rose delivers Long Term Care Insurance Quotes: How Much Do You Need?
- Peter delivers How To File Your Federal Taxes For Free
- MD delivers Investing Tips For Young People– What You Should Consider
- Wealth Pilgrim delivers Best Small Business Ideas 2010 And Beyond
photo by panther1619
Betterment is one of my two favorite ways to earn interest on my savings! They have an awesome program for the Average Joe to save and invest simply and effectively. There are no minimum balance requirements and no transaction fees. Read my Betterment Review or open an account to get started earning now.