Lending Club debt is gone
I once was a Lending Club borrower, but as of this coming Monday am strictly an investor. If you haven’t already done so, and would like to read the whole story, check out my Lending Club review article where I detail the entire experience.
In summary, back in August of 2009 we borrowed $11,000 from Lending Club in order to consolidate four separate debts – 3 credit cards and an auto loan. Now – just 7 months later – we have repaid the entire loan and will now focus our debt avalanche onto our next debt.
Here is a list of our debt that remains:
- 1st mortgage = $118,950 at 5.5% fixed with 20 years remaining (recently refinanced)
- 2nd mortgage = $39,700 at 8.8% fixed with 27 years remaining
- My student loan = $31,850 at 6% fixed
- Her student loan = $34,200 at 4% fixed
Thank you for all our encouragement along the way, we are VERY happy to be paying this debt off and will be rewarding ourselves accordingly.
Link rally for this week
- Run for Your Lives! by BibleDebt
- 5 Lessons From My Encounter with a Personal Finance Advisor by Lakita
- The bible on get rich quick schemes by Arthur @ FinancialBondage.org
- Initializing My 401k Rollover To Roth IRA Was A Breeze With Vanguard by Kyle
- Why Parent’s Shouldn’t Pay For Their Kids’ College Education by MD @ Studenomics
- Simple Ideas for a Balanced Life by Neal@Pilgrim
- What is Financial Literacy? Part 1 by Tom @ Canadian Finance Blog
- Packing Lunch for Work Just Got Easier by Adam
- Is There Such a Thing as “Good Debt?” by Paul @ FiscalGeek
- Easy Money: Good and Not So Great Ways to Get Money Fast by PT from PT Money
- How to do a Roth IRA conversion by ABC
- I bought a dvd player to keep the kids quiet in the car by Mike
- How To Make Quarterly Estimated Tax Payments by Jeff Rose
- Should You Sell Your Mutual Fund if it’s Placed on a Watch List? by Junior Boomer
- QuickBooks Accounting Software = Small Business Relief by Ben
- Using and Understanding a Net Worth Statement by Ryan
Betterment is one of my two favorite ways to earn interest on my savings! They have an awesome program for the Average Joe to save and invest simply and effectively. There are no minimum balance requirements and no transaction fees. Read my Betterment Review or open an account to get started earning now.