In a few hours I’ll be leaving for Washington D.C. to attend the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible. I read the King James Bible and am proud of its historical significance and affect on my life. In this article I’ll share tips I use to pack light, along with a few cool stats about the good ole KJV.
Tips on packing light
Since my trip to D.C. will be 3 days total, this article – complete with video – will offer tips on how to pack light for a trip of several days.
As promised, here are links to the book I’m reading “Economics in One Lesson“ along with my pocket-sized Leatherman Juice XE6 (the ULTIMATE pocket knife/tool) and the Flip UltraHD video camera used to shoot the video.
When packing for any trip I employ the following as standard procedure to help keep it light:
- Check weather and pack accordingly.
- Use small versions of needed items (like my pocket-sized umbrella.)
- Match the amount of days to outfits needed – don’t pack more outfits than days.
- Try to multi-task your clothing by using the same piece in several outfits.
- Pack a low number of high quality, high functioning items.
- Keep colors basic so multiple items match.
- Don’t assume clothes are dirty after one wearing.
- Wear layers, they always reduce bulk and increase versatility.
- Utilize community by sharing items amongst yourself and others traveling with you.
- Take advantage of courtesy items and amenities at your destination.
- Reduce and rework until everything fits in one bag.
There are obviously other tips to help pack light, but these will help get you started. If you have tips I missed, be sure to share in the comments section below.
Highlights about the King James Bible
Here are a few notes on the historical impact and significance of the King James Bible:
- It is the best selling book of all time.
- More translations of the KJV have been made than any other book.
- It is older than the United States of America by more than 100 years.
- The Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights had an impetus born out of its pages.
- Soldiers have found hope and comfort in it for centuries.
- It is read at our weddings and by our gravesides.
- Presidents and Kings have quoted from it for aid in domestic disputations, and for clarity amidst diplomatic challenges.
- Its words are plastered in our public buildings, referred to in our music, and acted out in our movies.
- It is a cornerstone of English literature.
- It has solidified the English language, and spread it’s verbiage across the globe.
This is just a small taste of the history and influence of this greatest of books. Please join me in celebrating the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible.
Betterment is one of my two favorite ways to earn interest on my savings! They have an awesome program for the Average Joe to save and invest simply and effectively. There are no minimum balance requirements and no transaction fees. Read my Betterment Review or open an account to get started earning now.