While Baker at ManVsDebt.com — flies, bus rides, & backpacks — his family half way around the world, we’re gonna help a brotha out by taking some of the work-load off his shoulders. Specifically, the participants of the PF Blogger Weight Loss Challenge have tweaked the operations thereof in an attempt to delegate responsibility and achieve community balance.
Here’s the new skinny…
In an attempt to make this as easy & painless as possible each team has elected a “Team Leader”. TL’s will now collect the weekly weigh-in numbers and report them to the newly created BWLC Weight Tracking spreadsheet (thanks to Krista of Zeta team for the tweaks).
The spreadsheet automatically calculates the weekly & overall numbers for each team & individual. Here are the responsibilities of everyone involved, don’t worry…it’s much easier than it sounds:
- Report your weekly weight loss numbers to your Team Leader by Saturday evening at the latest (Be proactive with this…nobody likes hunting people down).
- Read the weekly PF BWLC posts, continue to work toward your weight loss goals & encourage your fellow teammates. Trash talk encouraged!
- Email your teammates on Friday/Saturday to collect numbers by Saturday evening.
- Log into the Google Docs shared weight tracking spreadsheet & punch in your teams numbers (only Team Leaders have access to the doc).
- Continue to work toward your weight loss goals!
So who’s going to post the results?
I’m glad you asked…this week Beta Team leader (Me!) is posting results, next week Gamma TL, after that Delta TL, etc. Next week’s results host will be Mrs. Micah of The Gamma Team.
We are spreading the “Results Posting” love out to the team leaders as a benefit of volunteering. Hosting a results post is similar to — but much easier than — hosting a carnival and offers the following benefits of increased traffic, links, & exposure (we encourage link love between & amongst everyone).
The winning team’s participants will benefit by having there latest article linked to in the results post.
Example: Week 3′s winning team is BETA TEAM so I will link to the latest article of each member from the winning team. In return, each member can add back-links to their site as desired (again, we encourage link love between & amongst everyone).
So without further ado…
Week 2 & 3 Results:
Here are the results of the spreadsheet which you can click to see a larger .pdf version. Also, below I will post the winning team for each week & post links to each winning team members latest article. Enjoy!
Week 2 Results:
Winners – GAMMA TEAM!
As a competition we lost a total of 16.8 reported pounds (there were a few participants who didn’t report weigh-in’s)
- Viralogy Experts Launches Today! – by Baker @ ManVsDebt
- Are Your Kids Killing Your Retirement – And You? – by Neal @ Wealth Pilgrim
- From splurging to not spending – by Kelly @ The Centsible Life
- Surviving Freelancing – by Mrs Micah @ Mrs Micah
- FAQs about children and money – by Kim @ Blogging For Change
Congrats to everyone and especially to the Gamma Team. Keep up the good work…
Week 3 Results:
Winners – BETA TEAM!
As a competition we lost a total of 19 reported pounds (again, there were a few participants who didn’t report weigh-in’s)
- My first TV appearance – by Jessica @ The Penny-Wise Family
- Lawsuit filed over KFC’s botched grilled chicken giveaway – by Josh Smith @ Wallet Pop
- Twinancial: Get Finance Tweets Easily – by Miranda @ Yielding Wealth
- Savings & Family Fun Time! It’s Pick-Your-Own Fruit Season! – by Matt Jabs @ Debt Free Adventure
- Mistakes were made, Spanish edition – SNS @ Savings Not Shoes
Congrats to everyone and especially to the Beta Team. Keep on truckin…
Betterment is one of my two favorite ways to earn interest on my savings! They have an awesome program for the Average Joe to save and invest simply and effectively. There are no minimum balance requirements and no transaction fees. Read my Betterment Review or open an account to get started earning now.