For the Average Joe
The privacy of our visitors to DebtFreeAdventure.com is very important to us. You would not enjoy your personal information being compromised and neither would we. Therefore, if you subscribe to this website in any form, we will not spam you or sell your email address to anyone else. You can also unsubscribe at any time without any trouble or hassle.
For the Legal Beagle
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as Comcast or AT&T), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements on this website to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing Chicago real estate ads to someone in Chicago, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites.)
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by using Internet security programs. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
RSS and Email Subscriptions
this website records information about how people access our RSS feeds, but does not collect any personally identifying information from or about our RSS subscribers. This website’s feed services collect the e-mail addresses of individuals that subscribe to our RSS feed via e-mail. Individual information about subscribers to this website’s feed is held in strict confidence; we will not release or disclose any specific subscriber information under any circumstances, unless required by law. Aggregated information stripped of any personally identifiable information may be disclosed.
We reserve the right to edit or remove comments left on this website at our sole discretion. If provided, site URLs (along with all other information) are published along with comments. Commentator email addresses are required with the submission of comments but are not disclosed, as long as the commentator does not enter their e-mail address directly into the main comment area in addition to the box supplied for their e-mail address.
This web site contains links to other external websites not owned by the owner of this website. We cannot control how your personal information is used on these other websites, so please be sure to see how they use your information by consulting their privacy policies respectively.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.