This weeks photo was inspired by all the time we have recently been spending installing our paver patio and back yard!
In my Weekly Wisdom posts I look to accomplish the following:
- Weekly round up of 5 or more articles that caught my attention & provide wisdom for my readers
- A list of places that have linked to my articles around the web
- Listing Personal Finance Carnivals for all to enjoy
Today is the 2nd edition & start of “Weekly Wisdom in Personal Finance”. I hope you enjoy…
This Weeks Articles of Personal Finance Wisdom…
- Five Money Dilemmas and What I’d Do – by Free Money Finance
CNN Money recently wrote a post titled, “Do the right thing in a recession” where they listed 5 common money dilemmas and how we should react to them. Personally… I like FMF’s answers better!
- Rule #4: Eliminate (and Avoid) High Interest Debt – by Trent Hamm of The Simple Dollar
Recently — in response to a reader question — Trent came up with a list of fourteen basic “rules” that summarize his money & life philosophy. He is presenting his rules as a weekly series, This week Trent counts the ways in which high interest debt (and even low interest debt) is a terrible idea. This spoke to me… as you may remember I also calculated my own Interest Amount Paid in order to establish a proper relationship with my debt.
- Best Financial Calculators! – by J. Money of Budgets Are Sexy
This is an AWESOME list of financial calculators that encompasses everything from “When will I be debt free?” to “Which online broker is best for me?” Above providing us with his list of 15 useful calculators, JM also gives us a link to 3 other similar lists!
- How Credit Card Companies And Credit Repair Firms Deceive Consumers – by Pinyo of Moolanomy
Pinyo reminds us that, “In the credit card world, scam operators are taking money from innocent customers without adding value, misrepresenting claims and simply performing shoddy service.” He goes on to encourage us by offering up a few excellent ways avoid being susceptible to such scams.
- Your Take: What Would You Tell Yourself 10 Years Ago? – by Jim Wang of Bargaineering
This is a fun post where Jim asks us to consider what we would tell ourselves if we could travel back in time 10 years. Oh my word!! I would tell myself so many things… what would you say to your younger self?
Matt Jabs & DFA around the web…
Here are the weekly DFA posts that made it to the front page of Tip’d.com!
- Simple & Effective – Jabs Homemade Dishwasher Detergent & Rinse Agent
- Sound Money Advice for You & Michael Jackson’s Kids
- Emergency Fund Is For Emergencies ONLY – 6 Ways To Leave It Alone
The following is a list of websites where I either authored a post or my content was covered.
- Strategies to Curb Lifestyle Inflation – My weekly post on FiveCentNickel.com
- Getting Out Of Debt Rewards Plan – DFA on FrugalDad.com
- Posts of the Week – DFA on ConsumerismCommentary.com
- Sunday Money Roundup – Taking A Short Break Edition – DFA on MyTwoDollars.com
- See you at the Top | Giveaway – DFA on ChristianPF.com
- Weekly Mashup: Happy B-Day HLR! – DFA on MyLifeROI.com
- Weekly Links 7/4/9 – DFA on FinancialMethods.com
- Weekend Reading 7/3/2009 – DFA on ObliviousInvestor.com
- Weekend Reading 7/10/2009 – DFA on ObliviousInvestor.com (again)
Personal Finance Carnivals I was included in…
- Best of Money Carnival #6 – Won for 2nd week in a row on BibleMoneyMatters.com
- Best of Money Carnival – June 22, 2009 – Made the Top 3 on BargainBabe.com
- Carnival of Personal Finance #212: Independence Day Around the World Edition – Made Editor’s Pick on DarwinsFinance.com
- Carnival of Debt Reduction: Stale Brat Edition – Made Editor’s Pick on RocketFinance.net
- Carnival of Pecuniary Delights 15 – Epicurean Delights Edition – Made Editor’s Pick on SuburbanDollar.com
- – Made Editor’s Pick on PersonalFinancePlaybook.com
- The Best of the Best in Money and Personal Finance #3 – on LenPenzo.com
- The Best of the Best in Money and Personal Finance #4 – on LenPenzo.com (again)
- Carnival of Money Stories 9th Edition – Richest Americans – on MyJourneyToMillions.com
- Festival of Frugality #185 – Barbecue Edition – on MoneyRelationship.com
Thanks to the Personal Finance (PF) community for all of their encouragement, links, advice, & help along the way!
Enjoy your weekend…and spend wisely!
DFA is passionately dedicated to helping people break the bondage of debt & work toward financial freedom using biblical principles.
Betterment is one of my two favorite ways to earn interest on my savings! They have an awesome program for the Average Joe to save and invest simply and effectively. There are no minimum balance requirements and no transaction fees. Read my Betterment Review or open an account to get started earning now.