This weeks photo was inspired by the new growth in our freshly planted back yard coinciding with the new growth in the traffic here at Debt Free Adventure!
In my Weekly Wisdom posts I look to accomplish the following:
- Weekly round up of 5 or more articles that caught my attention & provide wisdom for my readers
- A list of places that have linked to my articles around the web
- Listing Personal Finance Carnivals for all to enjoy
Today is the New Growth edition of “Weekly Wisdom in Personal Finance” inspired by our freshly planted back yard coinciding with the new growth in the traffic here at Debt Free Adventure. I hope you enjoy…
This Weeks Articles of Personal Finance Wisdom…
- How to Setup Multiple Savings Accounts at Capital One 360 – by Prime Time Money
The combination of setting savings goals, and using Capital One 360 to manage those savings goals was a magnificent 1 – 2 punch for my wife & I, and we confidently pass the wisdom on to you. This referenced article is a great “how to” reminder/tutorial of how to utilize the great tools Capital One 360 offers. Thanks PT.
- Investing For Income In 2009 – by Amateur Asset Allocator
Kyle has put together a short list of mutual funds (mostly index funds) ideally positioned to yield attractive cash returns going forward. They may not be the top-performing funds in any given year, but if passive income in the form of cash flow from your investments is what you’re in the market for, these funds will deliver.
- Free eBook: The Insider’s Guide To Frugal Food & Fitness! – by Squawkfox
Paying too much for healthy food at the grocery store is frustrating, and spending big bucks for a gym membership is expensive. That’s where this free 92-page eBook comes in. Kerry has compiled a great list of delicious recipes, stunning photographs, & frugal fun in this 2nd edition of her eBook. Did I mention it’s FREE for a limited time only? So what are you waiting for? Hurry up & get it!
- Credit Card Red Flags May Lower Your Credit Limit – by Mrs Micah
This article is a great reminder that credit card companies are watching our spending habits! They are now using automated programs to monitor the types of places you use the card, and adjusting your credit accordingly. Another reason why I’m a fan of cold, hard, cash!
- Professional Beggars – by Four Pillars
Mr. Cheap begs the important questions (ha ha, couldn’t resist) – Do you donate money to charitable causes? If you do, how do you ensure that your donation will be used effectively? How do you pick where to donate? Do you think it is reasonable for people to be paid for fund raising? These are excellent questions that all of us need to be asking ourselves, especially considering the moral decay in our modern society; which seems to be increasing daily… right before our very eyes.
Matt Jabs & DFA around the web…
Here are the weekly DFA posts that made it to the front page of Tip’d.com!
- Pay off Credit Cards VS Build Emergency Fund Savings – Me VS Suze Orman
- One World Currency – New World Order
- Understanding and Improving your Cash Flow – a guest post by Pinyo of Moolanomy.com | See his latest article on foreclosure scams
The following is a list of websites where I either authored a post or my content was covered.
- Testimony of a One Car Couple – My weekly post on FiveCentNickel.com
- Save Money and Benefit with Homemade Products – A guest post I wrote for Moolanomy.com
- Christian Money Blogs You Should Read – DFA on OutOfDebtChristian.com
- How To Ensure You Can (Not) Retire – DFA on FinancialHighway.com
- Friday Linkfest: Headed to BlogHer Edition – DFA on BeingFrugal.net
- Star Money Articles and Carnivals for the Week of July 13 – DFA on FreeMoneyFinance.com
- Cool Weather, Storm Clouds And A Post Roundup – DFA on BibleMoneyMatters.com
- Friday Finance Round Up – July 17, 2009 – DFA on RedeemingRiches.com
- Week In Review: Frugality Edition – DFA on EnemyOfDebt.com
Personal Finance Carnivals I was included in…
- Carnival of Personal Finance: New Zealand Edition! – Made Editors Pick on ManVsDebt.com
- Carnival of Pecuniary Delights: Sweet 16 Edition – on WiseBread.com
- Carnival Of Top Personal Finance Posts #11 – on TheHappyRock.com
- Carnival of Money Stories #10 – Tribute to Billy Mays Edition – on SuburbanDollar.com
- Carnival of Twenty Something Finances for July 13, 2009 – on MoneyUnder30.com
- Festival of Frugality – Frugal For the Win – on MisForMoney.com
- – on MoneyBeagle.com
Thanks to the Personal Finance (PF) community for all of their encouragement, links, advice, & help along the way!
Enjoy your weekend…and spend wisely!
DFA is passionately dedicated to helping people break the bondage of debt & work toward financial freedom using biblical principles.
Betterment is one of my two favorite ways to earn interest on my savings! They have an awesome program for the Average Joe to save and invest simply and effectively. There are no minimum balance requirements and no transaction fees. Read my Betterment Review or open an account to get started earning now.