What is “Day 1 of 31DBBB”?
The Problogger “31 Days to Build a Better Blog” challenge!
Over the course of the next 31 days I will be participating in this challenge in an effort to make DFA a better place for you to visit. The concept is simple…to have a group of bloggers set aside a month of their time to work at improving their blogs. I have chosen to be one of those bloggers, am using Debt Free Adventure as my guinea pig, and urge you to do the same if you have a blog.
How it Works
Every day for 31 straight days, we will receive a post that will contain:
- A daily task/homework assignment
- A brief lesson on the topic to help implement the task
My goals for DFA in this challenge are:
- To offer readers the most comprehensive & enjoyable experience possible
- To make the site a useful & living resource that motivates & aids everyone toward biblical debt free living
Enough about the challenge, let’s get to the implementation!
Task For Today – Write an Elevator Pitch for Your Blog
What is an Elevator Pitch?
“An elevator pitch is an overview of an idea for a product, service, or project. The name reflects the fact that an elevator pitch can be delivered in the time span of an elevator ride (for example, thirty seconds and 100-150 words).” – Wikipedia
How to Write an Elevator Pitch for Your Blog
I’m sure there has been much written on the topic online but here’s some starting points that I use when doing this type of thing.
- Solve a Problem or Need
- Define Your Audience
- Keep it Short
- Stand Out
- Be Intriguing
- Be Energetic but not Hyped
- Consider Using a Question
- Be Ready to Expand Upon Your Pitch
What is My Elevator Pitch for Debt Free Adventure?
I actually have several. Although currently DFA is primarily a site about my individual adventure to become debt free, I have a vision for it to become a place where everyone can create their own Debt Free Adventure. On that wise, my pitches and descriptions are geared toward the ministry of helping myself and others. I imagine the vision will grow & evolve over time.
Here are the pitches that currently describe my goals for the DebtFreeAdventure.com:
- Do you feel like a slave to debt? DFA is dedicated to passionately helping others break the bondage of debt using biblical principles.
Short Elevator Pitch
- A Bible Based – Bondage Breaking – Debt Free Adventure
- @MattJabs – Dedicated to Passionately Helping Others Break the Bondage of Debt Biblically – https://debtfreeadventure.com
What do you think of the pitches? Let us know in your comments…
Check out & join Problogger’s 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Series
Tina Fortune says
I can really use this! Thanks for sharing!