Greetings all, and especially to those of you who subscribe to, and read DFA updates via your favorite feed reader!
I’m writing this post to specifically invite you to come out of your feed reader bubble world 😉 and visit DebtFreeAdventure to see the recent site updates. To summarize, here are some of the updates I have made & would very much appreciate your feedback on. Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts.
- I updated the look and feel to try & make it more “friendly and inviting” (well, that was my goal…what do you think?).
- I made only the most recent post appear in full view, and all subsequent posts appear as snippets.
- I added my Twitter feed to the left sidebar (ah…just go ahead & follow me!) 😉
- I placed to very relevant graphs on the top of my right sidebar. One is tracking the progress of my debt reduction goal for the year, and the other my savings goal. I really like these! Thanks to “Learn Financial Planning” creators for writing the plugin!
- I added a widget half-way down on the right sidebar to search the Webster’s 1828 dictionary for word definitions. I did this because the definitions in Webster’s original dictionary are far more accurate and biblical than the definitions in all subsequent versions. Do you agree or disagree?
- I added a picture at the end of each post that invites readers to subscribe to my RSS feed. You only see this invite if you are viewing a single post. Thanks to Trevor Fitzgerald for writing the Subscribe-Remind plugin. PS…I use this instead of the WWSGD plugin.
- Lastly I changed my Google Adsense ad placement quite a bit. I removed all ads from the home page with the exception of a 125×125 block in the right sidebar (which I hope to replace with a sponsor soon). I added a small banner ad to my other pages, and added a large rectangle to the beginning and end of my individual post pages. I did this because through the trial & error of Adsense placement on eJabs.com, I have found the best result with this arrangement. What do you use?
Thank you for “breaking out of your feed reader” to come visit DebtFreeAdventure in the flesh! I hope you are in someway blessed by the content herein. Please comment here to let me know what you think.
Matt the DebtFREEk!